Monday, July 5, 2010

U9 State Championship Update

For my three followers...thought I should update you on the State Championship...today is Monday, July 5th and after two days of baseball, Jake's team is 2-1. We lost the very first game, which sent us to the "losers" bracket. That game was Saturday and it was a hard loss...tied 12-12 going into the 6th inning...and we lost in the bottom of that inning. So yesterday the boys fought back HARD. We won both games in 4 innings...by the "mercy" rule. Our bats were really moving! We play at 9:30 am today and when we win that one, we play at 11:45 am...when we win that one, we play tomorrow night at 6pm! This can potentially continue until the championship game...the winner of the losers bracket plays the winner of the championship bracket for the title...to answer the question that may be running through your head...once we lose another game, we're out. But we're not going to lose...to answer the other question in your head.

I will report again with pictures once I get home...forgot to mention...we're in Lusby, MD...right near Solomon's Island. We are staying in a hotel and could potentially be here 'til Wednesday. (Well, I'll be commuting...I have one more week of my class that I have to attend!)

I'll leave you with this...last night as Jake was falling asleep he said in a very sleepy voice, "Mom, I'm pretty sure we can win this whole thing." I said, "I know you can, Jake." He said, "Thanks, Mom...I love you," and drifted off to sleep. Love that boy.