Saturday, September 19, 2009

"the flu", playing sports in beautiful weather, and a visit from one of my dearest friends...

Well...it would have been a miracle had we gotten out of the flu season without getting it...Connor Wills tested positive for "Influenza A"...he hunkered down on the couch this weekend...totally bummed about missing his games.

Kate, on the other hand, scored "like 4 goals, Mom" at her game this morning!
I'm pretty sure when you stick your tongue out you score goals better! :-)

Jake Wills played baseball at noon... and soccer at 2pm...

I asked him yesterday which sport he liked better...
"I don't know, Mom, I love them both!"
We definitely love watching him play both.

He had a HUGE fan club at his soccer game!
It was a BEAUTIFUL day!

A highlight of our weekend was spending time with one of my best friends from elementary school...Kenneth was visiting from L.A. He came to all the games, and then back to the house for college football and a yummy dinner prepared by Bob (of course.) We can always just pick up where we left off...I only wish we weren't on two separate coasts! My kids get just as excited to see him as I do...Kate was sure he was there to only play with her!


Overall it was a good weekend...with the exception of Connor feeling so crummy, of course! Here's to a speedy recovery for Connor, and fingers crossed that it stops with him!